Eugene Reimer Middle School
||We are all about achievement, achievement for all sorts of students and all sorts of student achievement
||(download 2010-11 pdf here) 6.67 mb
|Number of Students:
|Number of Teachers:
||6 - 8
- Large Gymnasium
- Music room
- Stage & multi-purpose room
- Foods and Textiles lab
- Computer Lab with 30 computers
- Technology Education lab including state-of-the-art signage CNC router machine
- 2 Science labs
- Library with 30 computers
- Student Services rooms designed to met students' needs
- Resource room
- First Nations' room
- 'The Nest' canteen, serving healthy choices food items.
- Reimer is founded on a commitment to provide quality Academic, Athletic and Fine Arts programming for all students
- Among these programs of Technology Education, including computer sciences, Reimer offers Applied Skills (Foods) and Fine Arts instruction
- Art experiences include Band programs of Beginning, Advanced, Drama, Visual and Performing Arts
- Punjabi and French as Second Language choices
- Special Education program with a full time counsellor
- Reimer is focused on improving adolescent literacy
- 'STAR Reader' program
- Quality Physical Education program with daily intramural options
- Gifted program
|Points of Pride:
Foundation Skills Assessment results for Reimer Middle show that 75% of the student in grade 7 are either meeting or exceeding expectations in the area of reading comprehension, 90% of the students in Gr.. 7 are either meeting or exceeding expectations in the area of writing and 92% of the students in Gr.. 7 are either meeting or exceeding expectations in the area of numeracy.
Athletic accomplishments continue to be a tradition at Reimer, and the past year was no different. A few of the highlights were: Football Team - 3rd place in B.C.; Grade 8 Girls Volleyball - 1st in Abbotsford/Mission league; Grade 8 Boys Basketball - Fraser Valley Qualifiers; Wrestling Team - Abbotsford/Mission Champions; Boys Rugby Team- 2nd in the Fraser Valley; Girls Rugby Team - 2nd in Abbotsford/Mission League.
- Dance Club (2 dance teams)
- 'Reimer Crew'
- Video Club
- Chess Club
- Mountain Bike Club
- Knitting Club
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Intramural programs
- Mountain Biking
Jason, age 13, Korea, Seoul.
Has been in Canada for 1 year and 9 months.
- "I love it here. I like having my education here! Eugene Reimer Middle school is a place for sports, clubs and learning. With the friends I've made, they will help me in the future. The school is fun and what a Middle school should be!"