32877 Old Riverside
Canada V2S 8K2
Principal: Mr. Bob Voth
Vice Principal: Ms. Mirjana Jurcic
Chief Dan George Middle school
Excellence is Achieved Together
||(download 2010-11 pdf here) 866kb
|Number of Students:
|Number of Teachers:
||6 - 8
- Tech Ed (full woodworking shop)
- Home Economics room (ovens, cook tops, fridges, microwave ovens, sewing machines)
- Multi-Purpose room (can be partitioned into two sections)
- Canteen (hot food)
- Library (Media Tech Center with computer lab)
- ICT Lab (Information and Communications Technology)
- Music / Band room
- Student Services rooms
- School of Choice
- Early French Immersion and Late French Immersion
- Choir program
- In School Band (280 students receive instruction during scheduled school day) as well as Jazz Band program for Gr. 7 & 8 students
- Computer programs
- Drag Racing
- Explorations - Home Arts, Technology Education, ICT and band or music
- Special Ed. program (i.e. District Resource room)
|Points of Pride:
- Computer expertise - 2 fully functioning computer labs with expert instruction in ICT skills.
- 280 Band students (very high percentage of student participation in this program.)
- Immersion FSA Results : avg. 90% .
- Gr. 7 FSA results: "meet or exceed" 84% in reading comprehension and 87% in numeracy - well above provincial and district averages.
- Gr. 7 First Nation FSA results: "meet or exceed" over 80% in both reading comprehension and numeracy - well above provincial and district averages.
- Explorations Courses are led by trained professionals (very high quality.)
- Student Services team gives exceptional help to students and includes a fully trained counselor on site daily.
- Full-time ESL support.
- Inclusive extra-curricular athletic program.
Chess, ICT/Computer, Intramurals, Choir, Jazz Band, Junior Drag Racing, Just for Boys, Just for Girls, Homework Support, Video/iMovie, Woodworking, Student Leadership, Peer Mentors, Yearbook/Annual, Library, Games, Recyling and Catering.
Swimming, X-country, Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field, Rugby, Touch Football and Tackle Football.
Situated just off Gladwin Road and directly between two municipal parks.